"Where love rules, there is no will to power; and where power predominates, there love is lacking. The one is the shadow of the other." ~Carl Jung

Wednesday, May 27, 2009 at 12:05 AM
Book: Godan
Author: Munshi Premchand

(Mehta to Malti) "Platonic love and selfless love, in which the lover lives only for his beloved and sacrifices everything for her, are humbug. I've read stories in which the lover sacrificed his life because the dream of his life had other lovers. I attribute this to passion, not to love. Love is not a docile cow; it's a magnificent lion. And the lion allows no one to come near his prey. "

 

(Malti to Mehta) "If love is a lion, I better not come near it. I thought love was soft and sweet, like a cow.  I think true love is always above suspicion - for suspicion leads to violence. Love demands complete surrender. In the temple of love, rewards go to the devotee, not the critic. "

 

0 comments

Post a Comment